I'm unable to successfully depoly the WebDriver on my Windows Phone emulator (on real device it doesn't work as well).
- Windows 8.1 operaring system
- Microsoft Windows Phone 8 SDK installed
- Visual Studio 2013 update 4 installed
- .NET Framework 4.5 installed
I downloaded the package and unpacked it on my local disk. Afterwards I ran the 'StartWindowsPhoneDriver.cmd' file. I could observe the following:
- Command prompt opens and command from .cmd file can be seen
- WIndows Phone Emulator starts
- Kind of WP WebView app starts and title 'Windows Phone Selenium WebDriver' can be seen
- IP address blinks in the command prompt and suddenly command prompt closes (Emulator remains running with a kind of o WebView app running as well)
To capture the IP address that was displayed I launched the elevated command prompt and copied into it the command from 'StartWindowsPhoneDriver.cmd' file. This enabled the command prompt not to disappear after IP is displayed.
When calling the driver from my IDE with the following code:
DesiredCapabilities cap = DesiredCapabilities.internetExplorer();
return driver = new RemoteWebDriver(new URL("http://<ip from cmd>:8080"), cap);
I get the following exception:
org.openqa.selenium.remote.UnreachableBrowserException: Could not start a new session. Possible causes are invalid address of the remote server or browser start-up failure. >
I guess that the problem is not in the way I call the WebDriver but in the Webdriver deployment. The fact that right after IP is displayed the connection breaks or sth like that seems to be the problem. My remark is that I can ping the captured IP even when
the command prompt is closed and the emulator remains open.
Is this behaviour normal or shall the IP address stayed displayed until command prompt is terminated manually? What is wrong?